Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

Issue with services after update to 8.0.0 #8079


User avatar
0
joe704la created

I see there may be some limitations to .NET Core 3 and I wanted to verify this since I had to revert my update back down since It broke almost all of my APIs. Are their any workarounds people have found for now?

After reading the below issue it states "The problem I found was that the IApiDescriptionGroupCollectionProvider would be blocked when there were complex types in the parameters or return types of the dynamic api."

This seemed to be the case in my situation as I saw in most cases I had issues I had complex types in the parameters. Example. Code like this didn't work anymore after upgrade to .NET Core 3 var numberOfAppointments = await _appointmentRepository.GetAll() .Where(a => a.UserId == user.Id && DateTime.Compare(Clock.Now, a.StartDateTime) > 0).CountAsync();

If I Removed && DateTime.Compare(Clock.Now, a.StartDateTime) > 0 from the query then it worked just fine.

https://github.com/aspnetboilerplate/aspnetboilerplate/issues/5026#issuecomment-554157095

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

2 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team

    Code like this didn't work anymore after upgrade to .NET Core 3

    var numberOfAppointments = await _appointmentRepository.GetAll() .Where(a => a.UserId == user.Id && DateTime.Compare(Clock.Now, a.StartDateTime) > 0).CountAsync();
    

    This is a breaking change to ef core 3.0.

    see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ef/core/what-is-new/ef-core-3.0/breaking-changes#linq-queries-are-no-longer-evaluated-on-the-client

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    ismcagdas created
    Support Team

    This issue is closed because it has not had recent activity for a long time.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)