Hello. After update of the RAD tool I am not able to add a navigation property, after clicking on the Add Navigation Property button the RAD tool freezes and restart of the Visual Studio is needed. This is happening on two different computers, so it's probably not caused by the system but rather by the data. Does RAD tool provide any crashlog? I didn't find anything useful in the crashlog of Visual studio.
Thanks. Best regards, Martin.
14 Answer(s)
-
0
Hi,
I couldn't reproduce this issue. Can you provide more steps to reproduce?
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Open the RAD tool, click on Navigation properties tab then click Add new navigation property button and that's it.
It's ongoing project so maybe the problem is somewhere in already generated json files.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
When was the last time you added a new navigation property without problem and what was the tool version?
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Not sure of the version number, but it wasn't that new fancy looking one. Probably last week or week before.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Please inform me if there is a change about this issue with v1.8.0.2 release.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Unfortuantely not, Visual Studio still freezes after clicking on Add new navigation property button.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Is there any log on Microsoft Event Viewer?
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
-
0
I will send you an older version (v1.7.2.3). Please uninstall rad tool on visual studio and install the sent version.
I'll send to martin@s********.com email address.
There is almost no functionality changes between v1.8.02 and v1.7.2.3 versions. So you can continue to use it untill this issue is fixed.
(I think you should face the same issue with v1.7.2.3 as well but let's see.)
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Thanks for the older version, but you are right - this one freezes as well.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
I figured what causes the freezing: We have generic classes that inherit from the entity, something like this:
[Table("AttributeValues")] public class AttributeValue : FullAuditedEntity { public virtual int AttributeDefinitionId { get; set; } public AttributeDefinition AttributeDefinition { get; set; } public virtual int? ServiceId { get; set; } public Service Service { get; set; } public virtual int? ServiceItemId { get; set; } public ServiceItem ServiceItem { get; set; } } public class AttributeValue<T> : AttributeValue { public T Value { get; set; } }When I comment out the
AttributeValue<T> : AttributeValueclass, RAD tool starts working.Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Glad to see you made it run.
But tool shouldn't freeze anyway. I'll investigate what causes that.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Thanks for looking into that, because every time I need to edit the entities using the tool, I have to comment out bunch of code (and then I must not forget to uncomment it, which is the biggest issue :o) ).
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image) -
0
Ok, i have found it. This will be fixed in next release.
Markdown is supportedCopy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

