Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

DynamicApiClientBuilder #406


User avatar
0
acrigney created

Hi Guys, Love your work, I have been building DDD frameworks myself but you've done a really great job! My client needs to use WebAPI for WPF/Xamarin apps. So I wanted to use your DynamicApiControllerBuilder to create these services from the applications and then to just resolve them in c# code on the client WPF/Xamarin side.

So I need the WPF module to dependon the ReadyCareWebApiModule [DependsOn(typeof(ReadyCareDataModule), typeof(ReadyCareApplicationModule), typeof(ReadyCareWebApiModule))] public class ReadyCareWpfModule : AbpModule

Then it looks like I can use the AbpHttpControllerSelector. SelectController mehod to get the controller i.e This method public override HttpControllerDescriptor SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request)

Then I can use the ExecuteAsync on the HttpControllerDescriptor to execute an action on the controller?

Of course we would do appropriate caching as required.

Alternatively should I write the webapi methods by hand and just call the application methods in there, but thats what we don't want to have to do right.

Best Regards, Alistair

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

2 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    acrigney created

    I made another post on this topic but it hasn't been approved yet, lets wait for that.

    Best Regards, Alistair

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    hikalkan created
    Support Team

    Hi,

    I'm sorry but I couldn't understand your needs :) You want to expose your app services with dynamic web api and consume it from a WPF app? Right? If so, no problem since Web API can be consumed from C#. Also, we have a IAbpWebApiClient that can make easier to call remote dynamic web APIs from your WPF app. Example usage: <a class="postlink" href="https://github.com/aspnetboilerplate/aspnetboilerplate-samples/tree/master/ConsoleRemoteWebApiCall">https://github.com/aspnetboilerplate/as ... WebApiCall</a>

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)