Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

How correctly use ABP module system ? #211


User avatar
0
martin hascak created

I have an Idea to create custom Blog module using module system of ABP. What I want form my module is custom services and DB entities for creating Articles, Categories, etc. So I created an now solution and followed the instructions on modules documentation page. My folder structure look like this IMG:

And I have some questions.. Is possible use custom dbContext from module and make it works with EF migrations ? Is registration logic of DependsOn module currect ? Is posible register module custom menus to menu provider ? Is this approach good or not. ?

What if the module need custom rotes,views...?

[DependsOn(typeof(CmsCoreModule), typeof(CmsApplicationModule))]
    public class BlogApplicationModule : AbpModule
    {
        public override void Initialize()
        {
            IocManager.RegisterAssemblyByConvention(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());
        }
    }

I know that this is more complex question, but i don´t have complete picture how use ABP module system yet. I don´t need the solution, I only want ideas and approaches how to correctly create some module like Blog of complex CMS system.

BIG Thanks for ideas !

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

4 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    vitor lacerda created

    I would also like to better understand the system modules.

    Especially when this module contains domain entities, domain services, domain events, application services, navigations menus, views, etc ..

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    sayram created

    I agree i need a sample module project like blog or something like that. Do anyone can share a sample module project to understand?

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    hikalkan created
    Support Team

    Hi all,

    I answered to module question on other topics (you can search the forum). I'll create an article to demonstrate it. If you want to see sample module, you can check 'module-zero' project for now.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    hikalkan created
    Support Team

    Hi all,

    I started to create a blog module to be a sample for community. It's not fully functional yet, but you can check and test it: <a class="postlink" href="https://github.com/aspnetboilerplate/sample-blog-module">https://github.com/aspnetboilerplate/sample-blog-module</a>

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)