Base solution for your next web application
Open Closed

Angular Deployment Issue #12320


User avatar
0
joynext created

I have my web app (Angular + .NET core) deployed in Azure and works fine after deployment (publish). However, when I tried deploying it to a folder on my other Windows Server 2022 with IIS 10 , I'm getting a 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. error.

I have checked permission for IIS_IUSRS); all looks good. Web Server (IIS) > Web Server > Common HTTP Features. Static Content is Enabled. Default Documents are Set up properly.

Any suggestion on what else to check?

Markdown is supported
Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)

5 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    oguzhanagir created
    Support Team

    Hi @joynext

    Just to be sure, I'm asking. Did you perform the deployment process using this document?

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    joynext created

    Thanks for sharing the document.

    Yes oguzhanagir , I have performed the deployment process stated in the document.

    Also, I have compared files (web.cofig, and appsettings) in my azure instance (working) vs the bare metal server (not working) , everything looks the same.

    Note: everything works when published in azure, but not on the bare metal server which is deployed via folder.

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    joynext created

    In addition, both the Angular app and my .net core app (backend) are hosted on the same server

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    slamj1 created

    @joynext, what's the detailed error code? i.e. 403.14? or similar?

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)
  • User Avatar
    0
    joynext created

    slamj1 thanks. Found what causing the issue. .NET version installed was incorrect. Installed the correct one and it went all good.

    Thanks for all the help

    Markdown is supported
    Copy & paste or drag & drop images (max 30 MB per image)